The University of Chile has 48 libraries, a digital library, 3.101.000 volumes, access to 70.000 electronic journals and 154 multidisciplinary data bases to support research and teaching.
Among the main information services for the academic community the following stand out:
- Catalogue: Access to library collections. Books, journals, thesis, musical scores, art works and multi-media archives.
- Institutional Repository: Institutional repository built to save, share, and search digital research materials incluiding peer-reviewed scholarly articles, preprints, technical reports, theses, working papers, images and more.
- Data Base Metasearch: A powerful integrator, offering simultaneous searches in the subscribed data bases (including the Bello Catalogue and the Academic Repository of the University of Chile).
- Digital Library: Incorporates all the institutional information resources and interactive bibliographic services, such as portals and library chat. This virtual platform also has links with the libraries websites.
- Electronic Journals A-Z: Direct access service to electronic journals subscribed by the University.
- Academic Repositories Portal: Simultaneous access to scholarly publications in full text of university repositories of all over the World (more than 500.000 documents): Arxiv, BioMed Central, CERN, Columbia University, Oxford University, among others.
- University of Chile Electronic Theses: Access to pre-graduate and post-graduate theses of the university in full text.